Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Opportunity to Help Kids in the Hospital

I am sharing another card today because I wanted to show you a fun card for a kid that would be an example of what you could donate to Send a Smile 4 Kids. Please go to the new posting here and read about how we are collecting cards for kids in hospitals both in Wisconsin and Ohio now. I contacted the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Neenah and in Milwaukee and they would love to receive handmade cards to cheer their patients on holidays, birthdays and anyday to make them smile. On any given day Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee has 50-60 kids as residents and many are there long term for serious illnesses. I first contacted the Children's Hospital at Neenah because they took such wonderful care of my grandson when he was born 6 weeks premature and they would love some cards for their kids as well. If you are like me, you probably have extra cards laying around - maybe samples that you no longer need or ones from a class or swap. Or next time you are making cards, can you make some for our kids?  Please check out the guidelines on the SAS4Kids blog and send them to me to help put a smile on a kid's face.

Stamping smiles 4 kids,
Karen

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- I will need cards for my nephew- would love to CASE this one!!! {HUGS}

Mari K. said...

Very cute card! Thanks Karen!