Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What if? Wed. Sketch Challenge

The challenge this week at Repeat Impression's blog, The House that Stamps Built, is to make a card using the sketch below and enter it for a change at a great prize. For all the details and to see the rest of the Rock Stars cards, please visit the blog (or click on their names on the side of my blog.)

I am getting in the mood for fall and holiday cards and Repeat Impressions stamps are great for both. The background is made with Peace Love Harmony stamped repeatedly on the green card and also on the white semi circle. Then I embossed the snowflakes (Tim Holtz folder) and sponged a little with red to bring out the embossing. I stamped the beautiful Glitter Star ornament on dp, cut out and "hung" with a ribbon on the diamond shaped piece.


I am entering this card in the challenge at Cute Card Thursday for Anything Goes.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Such a pretty Christmas card, Karen! Love the ornament stamped on dp - great idea. Love the background, too.

Harriet Skelly said...

I love that paper pieced ornament Karen - great holiday card!!

joy said...

Pretty card! I love how the circle reminds me of the earth and your framed ornament reminds me of the moon. The "peace, love, harmony" sentiment is perfect for the earth!