Saturday, December 3, 2011

Winter Fun for Kids at SAS4Kids!

It's time for some Winter Fun for Kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids! We have a new challenge starting today and you have until January 6th to join in for a chance at one of three sponsor prizes: Stamp Fairy is offering a $9 gift certificate, Whimsy Stamps has 5 free digis of the winner's choice and Sassy Cheryl's has a $5 gift certificate!

My first card is featuring a fun chubby snowman angel from Sassy Cheryls. I printed him on white and paper pieced his jacket and wings. I cut him out with my circle nesties and sponged some blue before layering on a navy scalloped circle. The background was created by embossing 3 layers of different colored cardstock, then cutting them out together to create puzzle piece background. I added a snowflake and circle sentiment to complete the card.

My second card features a fun image from Stamp Fairy on a twisted easel card. Sorry the image is so dark- the little bear is much cuter and lighter in person... I printed and paper pieced the bear and snowman and added some bling for buttons and face. I cut it out and attached to a blue circle cut out with my nesties. More bling was added around the circle and on the snowflake border.

I am entering these cards in the challenges at Sassy Cheryl's for Winter and Craft Your Passion for Tis the Season.

Stamping smiles 4 kids, Karen
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Love the 'patchwork' type layout. Stunning.
Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week!

Emma H said...

Love your wonderful holiday card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week!