Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DCC Challenge at Repeat Impressions


It's time for another Designer Choice Challenge at The House that Stamps Built and Darsie is challenging us to make a Scenic Card with Snow. This time of year that is easy to do, so come join us and you could win some great RI rubber! Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the great DCC cards by the rest of the Rock Stars.

I used Repeat Impression's Winter Tree to make this card. I embossed it three times with white embossing powder on navy blue and cut it out with Nestabilities wacky rectangles. Then I added glitter to the bottom snow and raised with mounting tape. I stamped the tree again in grey on the sides of a white card and attached. I really like the effect. The sentiment is also from Repeat Impressions.

I am entering this card in the challenge at One Stitch at a Time for Anything Goes.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Karen this is wonderful. I thought it was a pillow at first. I love the way the image extends off the navy blue on the what. Wonderful idea!

Lynette said...

I like that effect, too, Karen. Great card!

joy said...

How pretty! I love the white embossing and glitter!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Looks so pretty embossed!!