Thursday, June 19, 2014

New and Improved Deer Stencil Card


I made a card similar to this one a few years back and it was a favorite of mine, so I revisited the idea for my Stencil Techniques class in my home. The deer is a brass stencil by Dreamweaver. I embossed the deer image on a old book page using my thick No More Shims embossing pad. While the book page was still in the stencil, I sponged the deer with brown distress ink. I removed it and sponged the edges. The kraft card base is 3 1/4 x 5 1/2" closed, so when the pennant is added, the card will still fit into an A2 envelope. I embossed the whole card with a favorite Cuttlebug embossing folder. I wrapped some baker's twine around the dark brown pennant and distressed the edges. Then I stamped an old but favorite TAC b-day greeting on a tiny tag and attached it with a small safety pin.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Rhedd and Rosie and the For the Boys challenge at Creative Moments.

12 comments:

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, great stenciling ! It looks even more amazing on the text BG

Zoe said...

Love this very much, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Hi Karen! Love the deer stencil card. Very unique. I also love the background to your blog as I also love astronomy. It is my first love as a hobby.

Sandra Wright. said...

A lovely card, love the image... a great entry in to our challenge over at Rhedd & Rosies x

Carol L said...

This is one fabulous card! I just love that stenciled deer on newsprint! Well done!

Unknown said...

very nice card! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Brenda said...

I love this card Karen!! The book paper is fabulous behind the deer. And I love the tiny tag. Great masculine card!! Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful use of the stencil and it makes a great masculine card design too.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful use of the stencil and it makes a great masculine card design too.

Kim Heggins said...

Karen, this is so sweet and your deer, stunning! He really pops off your card.

Scrapcat 1 said...

What a fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this time and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Tracy DT

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.