Monday, August 18, 2014

Black and White Sten-tangle Card


I am sharing another Sten-tangle card I made for a sketch challenge at my last stamp club meeting. For this one I used thin black markers and a variety of brass and plastic stencils. The bear and the other brass stencils are from Dreamweaver. The stamp is from Repeat Impressions. When you Zentangle, you doodle free hand, but I am not a good doodler, nor do I have the patience for it. But when you Sten-tangle. you use stencils for atleast the start and I used them for the inside of all the pieces too. Easy and fun. The hardest part is finding enough small patterned stencils.

I am entering this card in the challenge at Allsorts to use stencils or masking, and the Anything Goes challenge at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge.

8 comments:

Tammy said...

This is awesome Karen! I love that bear image and your fabulous Sten-tangle technique! I'm going to have to give this a try sometime!
Hugs,Tammy

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Beautiful work with the Sten-tangle technique!! Love the black and white! ;)

brenda said...

A really stunning piece of artwork Karen.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sarah said...

Ooohhh Karen, I absolutely love this, very clever use of colour and design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Verna Angerhofer said...

you are on a roll with that technique. Very classy looking card!

Brenda said...

Very cool card Karen! I love Zentangle, but have never done it before. I've never heard of the Sten-tangle and kinda love the idea behind this one. lol Yours turned out awful cute! Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this so different and the black and white is so effective Karen.xx


The Journey is the Start

Mervi said...

Fabulous card, love the black and white idea.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m