Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Floral Inspiration Birthday Card


I am sharing a new card today that I received inspiration to make from two different sources. The theme picture at The Cutting Edge Challenge has beautiful flowers on it made with dies (see below), and the stamping up north blog featured a series of cards using these dies and alcohol inks. I cased a couple of her cards to make this one- in fact I had to search internetville to find the Memory Box Lucienne Tile die as Memory Box is no longer making it. But I knew I needed it after seeing her cards and I succeeded in finding it! The rose die is by Penny Black and the sentiment is by Stamplorations. I used my sadly neglected alcohol inks on three separate pieces of glossy paper to make the background under the border die, the rose petals and stems and leaves. Here is the pix of the inspiration card:
I am so happy this new fun challenge has extended the playing time to almost two weeks. I will be able to get inspired, design and blog some cards to play in their challenge now. I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at The Squirrel and The Fox.

8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

So very pretty!! Love the colors and elegant die cuts here! :)

Brenda said...

Wow this card is just beautiful Karen!You have used this rose a few times and I love it even more than the first time I saw it. Love the die cut border too! Hugs, Brenda

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Karen, your alcohol ink colours look so beautiful, Cathy x

Kaija said...

Thank you Karen for your visit, wonderful comment, and a reader of my blog.
I am now your follower :)
Your card is great fresh and beautiful!Hugs Kaija<3

aussie aNNie said...

Love this gorgeous card, the dies and colour combo....stunning.xx


The Journey is the Start

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your beautiful card. That rose is awesome.

Kay Miller said...

What a gorgeous card! You did a beautiful job with the inspiration photo! I love the panel along the side! So happy you joined us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!! :)

Nancy Penir said...

Just had to say, loved the dies and treatment of your beautiful card. Have not seen these dies, and loved how you showcased their beauty!