Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Paper Pieced Rebecca Card


I love to "dress" my stamped images using designer paper and paper piecing. Rebecca from Repeat Impressions is one of my favorite stamps to do this technique with, and I created this card for a class on paper piecing I am teaching in my home. I started with a larger kraft card, and layered "Resplendent Rectangles" from Spellbinders in kraft and cream paper. I stamped Rebecca and colored her flesh and hair. I paper pieced her dress in a pretty orange dp and then stamped, embossed and attached the pinafore in yellow. I added a "happy hello" from Flourishes.

I am entering this card in the patterned paper challenge at Virginia's View and the Anything Goes challenge at Scribble and Scrap.

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning job with the paper piecing!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a sweet card! I love that dress too and that yellow polka dot apron, just adorable! Really makes for a very sweet card.

Alyx said...

So pretty. Great image for paper piecing and you've done it so well. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love the paper piecing, so fun and so pretty. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and image. Love the piecing and also the great frame dies which showcase the image.

Bimba said...

Such a pretty card, Karen! I like your paper piecing! You have done it very well! Just a great card!

Lin said...

Hi Karen! Love paper-piecing, and your Rebecca looks great in her pretty dress! Love the multiple frames, too, that set her off so nicely! Thanks for playing along with us at this month's Virginia's View challenge!

Shelly said...

So cute! Your paper piecing is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Virginia's View Challenge!

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing with us at Virginia's View Challenge!