Sunday, November 23, 2014

NBUS Glittery Christmas Card




NBUS means Never Before Used Schtuff and my goal right now is to make atleast one card with all my holiday NBUS before it is too late. At a recent local stamp show, I did a make and take with the sparkliest embossing powder I have ever seen and this tree stamp, both from Stampamania. IRL this card is very sparkly because of the beautiful embossing powder and also from Glitter Dust spray by therm-o-web that is just gorgeous. The beautiful Merry Christmas sentiment is from a stencil from Hero Arts that I applied Versamark ink through and then heat embossed with the sparkly embossing powder. The rectangle card front was cut with a new stitches rectangle die from Lawn Fawn. 

I am entering this card in the Winter challenge at Crafty Catz and the "Let's Get Sentimental" challenge at Winter Wonderland.


6 comments:

Pia S said...

Such a beautiful scene! It's difficult to capture real life sparkle on camera, but I can see it sparkles and can imagine how fantastic it must look IRL.

Carol said...

A beautiful card Karen. Carol x

Darnell said...

I can just imagine how sparkly and glittery this looks IRL, Karen! I love it!! And I love your holiday NBUS mission, of course! I'm trying real hard to do the same thing myself this year. Good luck to both of us, lol!!

Thank you for the visit the other day and for your kind words. I appreciate when you comment. It's nice to know that we share a little "turkey parts" history! My stint was in the summer between high school and going to jc for a secretarial degree. Trust me, I felt the same way as you ... I was going to be the BEST secretary ever so I didn't have to end up back at the plant!

And still I do love turkey and every year I say I'm going to make it more often than Thanksgiving and every year, you guessed it! I don't! Before I know it, it's rolled around again!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful winter scene card you created. I love those trees on it. And, it looks like a frosty morning.

Brenda said...

Love the silver embossing on this card Karen, very beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Unknown said...

Oh wow...do I ever love this card. That's gorgeous. Thank you so much for following me on my blog. I have been following you for a while now and just love seeing your creations!