Monday, February 23, 2015

Positive and Negative Friend Card for Classes

I love using positive and negative images of punches and paper on my cards and I designed this card for a friend and to share in the classes I teach in my home. I started with a favorite paper of mine - Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered by Core'dination. The front is the cracked purple and the back is kraft. This card is joy-fold card and you can see how it starts to open in this picture:

The base card is 5 1/4" x 7 3/4" scored at 5 1/4" (so the card is square.) The center piece is 7' x 3 1/2" scored at 3 1/2". I punched a border of flowers (Martha Stewart punch) in purple for the kraft side and in kraft for the purple side. On the left side of the front square piece, I attached a kraft piece to half. I punched 4 one inch squares, cut two in half and attached them in the pattern shown- purple over kraft and kraft over purple. I sponged a kraft flower and attached in the middle with a purple gem. Then I stamped the friends and blossom sentiment (from Amuse) in purple ink. Here is a look at the inside:

I am entering this card in "The Color Purple" challenge at Allsorts and the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

6 comments:

Hettie said...

I am loving this Karen. The colour, the idea and the format.
3 gold stars for you, or silver if you would prefer the contrast!
Hettie
xx

Liz said...

Beautiful joy fold card. Love the positive and negative effect. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the drama and colour on this card created by the interplay of colour and die cuts,Karen.
Blessings
Maxine

Carole Z said...

Love this card Karen, great colours and design, hugs Carole Z X

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great colors and card design. I always like the look of positive and negative too.

Darlene said...

Well aren't you the clever one! Well done Karen!! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at 613 Avenue Creates! We hope you’ll come join us again real soon! Great job!
Darlene
613 Avenue Create DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS