Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sparkly Embossed Bird Card


I love using texture and sparkle in my cards and this card that I designed to share at my next stamp club has plenty of both. I was inspired by this card on Pinterest  to pull out my favorite bird die and stencils. But I decided to make the bird all sparkly with glitter and distress inks. Take a closer look at the bird (because it is so much prettier IRL):


I applied a two sided sticky sheet to white cardstock and die cut the bird (Poppy Stamps). Then I peeled of the top sheet and dumped very fine white glitter on the die cut bird. After burnishing in the glitter, I embossed the bird with a SU embossing folder and colored with a couple distress inks. On the white card base, I sponged some more distress ink through a stencil from Memory Box and then attached a twig die cut from Penny Black. I attached some black glitter tape to the side of the card, added a sentiment die from Penny Black and some sequins I colored peach with a Copic. My sparkly bird was attached with pop dots to raise her for dimension.

9 comments:

Lynda said...

Stunning card, love inked background and the cute embossed bird. Thankyou so much for joining us over at Open Minded Crafting, hope to see you again Lynda DT xx

Kathy S said...

Karen, this is so pretty. The sparkle on top of the texture really makes that bird sing. Love the background you've created too.

Liz said...

Lovely design and the little bird is gorgeous. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card - love the sparkly bird and the contrast of the black against the pastel colours.
Blessings
Maxine

Deepti said...

Oh my! This is so pretty, I love the sparkle on this one :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully done. I love the shimmer and shine on it too!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! So elegant and pretty and I love the sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Karen thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week
Dianne x CC DT

Kathy S said...

Congrats on your win at Open Minded Crafting Challenge! Woohoo!