Saturday, March 7, 2015

Easter/Spring Cards 4 Kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids


It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is Easter/Spring Cards 4 Kids! Create and link any Easter or Spring card for a child and you could win one of our great prizes. 

We have three very generous sponsors for this challenge: Crackerbox Palace is giving their winner 3 digis of their choice from the CBP stamps at their website!  The Cutting Café is giving their randomly picked winner 3 digi or cutting files!  And Kitchen Sink Stamp’s winner gets a $25 gift certificate! TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

My first card above features fun Easter stamps from Crackerbox Palace. The Easter egg with feet just makes me smile, and I hope that happens when one of our kids gets this card. I stamped the egg on a white oval piece cut out with a Nestabilities die. I paper pieced the egg with some colorful dp and colored the legs. I filled up the white space around the egg with bright dots of Copic color. Then I layered it onto a pink scalloped oval (also Nestabilities.) The yellow cardbase was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.The fun sentiment was stamped, cut out with another Spellbinders die and sponged pink while still in the die.
My second card is a sweet shaped bunny from The Cutting Cafe'. I simply cut out the bunny shaped card, the feet, ears, nose and front white piece. Then I added a face, heart and ribbon to complete the cute card.

I am entering my cards in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapper's Delight and the shaped cards challenge at Fab 'n' Funky.

6 comments:

Christine said...

I loved the first image - so funny. It made me smile. The second is adorable and I'm sure well loved.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Karen, your cards are great! I really love your first card. You're right, that egg with the feet does bring a smile to one's face. (And a giggle to my heart!) I thought the polka dots were a patterned paper--never would have guessed markers. Great job! Like the paper piecing, too. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a gorgeous bunny card. So clever. Thanks for joining in the fun at Fab 'n' Funky for our shaped card challenge. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Carole Z said...

Super fun makes Karen, the first one really made me smile! Hugs Carole Z X

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both are super cute and darling and filled with Easter loveliness.

Judith said...

That bunny is fabulous! - just love that cute design thank you so much for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this month hugs Judith x
ps this will be a fab card for our bunny challenge at moving along with with the times this week hugs Judith x