Monday, March 16, 2015

Shake It - You Know You Wanna!


I saw the "shake it" set of stamps from Studio Calico and knew I had to buy it! So cute for shaker cards! I cut a flower out of the front of this card with a Spellbinders die and used the larger flower die to create the pink flower. I embossed the flower with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I stamped "shake it" in the center of the white card base, stamped the "you know" sentiment and banner on pink paper and cut it out. I attached acetate on the back of the flower opening and used two layers of mounting tape to create the shaker window. Then I dumped a bunch of flower sequins and other plastic flowers inside the shaker window. I attached a couple other pink flowers to complete the card front. Here is another look at what shakes in this card and the inside:




I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Suzy Bee's.

7 comments:

Christine said...

So fun. Love that set. Shakers are always a family favourite in our house.

Fabiola said...

super sympa, biz

kiwimeskreations said...

Karen this is gorgeous - love your use of colours, and the embossed texture is so pretty.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this cute shaker card. And, complete with instructions for those who don't realize what they should do with it. I can see that being an awesome set of stamps to have for shaker card making. Great layout and design on the card too!

Camille Short said...

I love this mix of colors - awesome card!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a cute shaker card, Karen. I love your colors. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week and I hope you'll join us again soon.

Hugs,
Em AKA Creative Em
613 Avenue Create DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful shaker card! I love design!
Thanks for playing at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge.
Ileanaxx