Friday, March 6, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Fun Fold Card


It's Crackerbox Palace Friday and today I am sharing a St. Patrick’s Day fun fold card made with stamps from Crackerbox Palace. To make this card, I started with a piece of spring green paper 12” x 5 ½” and scored at 2, 4 , 8 and 10 inches. Fold mountain, valley, valley, mountain resulting in a 4 x 5/12 card. I have seen this card fold used with punched owls and other animals- the key is to attach two stamped or punched figures to the top fold on both sides and one to the center of the bottom fold. I stamped two of Crackerbox Palace’s leprechauns, cut out and attached to two stitched ovals. I attached them with adhesive on the top half only to the sides of the top folded half. Then I stamped CBP’s leprechaun hat, cut out, attached to a stitched oval and put that in the center of the bottom half. The stitched oval dies are from My Creative Time. I stamped the curved sentiment and a couple more shamrocks on the front. 

On the inside of the folded card, I stamped another shamrock and a lovely Irish blessing. I don’t usually make St. Patrick’s Day cards, but these stamps from Crackerbox Palace are just too fun to resist. I will share another St Pat’s card next Friday.

**As a present to you from Crackerbox Palace, all the  stamps  on this card will be 20% OFF for one week! What a deal! **

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Love’s Rubberstamps and the “Good Luck” challenge at Open-Minded Crafting.

6 comments:

Carole Z said...

What a fun card Karen, love it! Hugs Carole Z X

Denice said...

Fun fold is right, what a cute and clever card with it's happy leprechans. Thanks for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week.

Blankina said...

That's an interesting fold card!!
Glad you have joined Loves Rubberstamps this week, Hugs Blankina

Verna Angerhofer said...

A great card for St. Patrick's Day. Love the fold too.

Lynda said...

Lovely card, what a fantastic idea. Thankyou for sharing it with us over at Open Minded Crafting Lynda DT xx

sammi said...

Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Luck" challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting