Thursday, May 14, 2015

Playing with Ryn's Water Drops


I am designing cards for a Take 5 article in an upcoming Scrap and Stamp Arts featuring Designs by Ryn's water drop stamps. So far I have three cards done I really like and this is one of them. I like layering vellum on top of a card with stamping on three layers that you can see through. I used three different sizes of water drops and three different tones of blue ink and printed a beautiful sentiment on the top layer of vellum. I rounded the corners and covered up the adhesive on each of the three layers of vellum with a strip of washi tape.

I am entering this card in the "Add a Sentiment" challenge at Loves Rubberstamps and the May customer challenge at Designs by Ryn.

4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another great way to use the Ryn drops. I have a few of those and have not had time to use them yet. I am so busy with this doctor appointment thing I can barely get anything done. But I am sure absorbing how you are using them and loving your ideas.

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Karen, I like your use of vellum in this too! Creates a really nice subtle effect behind the writing. The slight fuzziness also goes with the quote as it feels like the tears are at a bit of a distance/past. Nicely done!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what an amazing card - love it Karen, with all the layers of vellum it is just stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

NickScrapShack said...

Beautiful Quote! I love the vellum effect on the rain drops.

Thank you for playing along with our Add a Sentence Challenge at Loves Rubberstamps. Good luck!
Nick