Sunday, August 30, 2015

Thankful Napkin Card



I have been having fun with napkins after re-discovering the easy way to attach them to cardstock with cling wrap and an iron. (See previous posts for the link to the tutorial.) This time I embossed the napkin cardstock piece with a new favorite embossing folder from WeR Memory Keepers. I attached the card front to a brown card base and added some fall buttons and a "Thankful" die cut from Penny Black. It is a little hard to see in the picture, but my final touch was to add some blue frost glitter paste from BoBunny. I discovered BoBunny's glitter paste at the summer CHA and now have a bunch of colors. It is so easy to add a little glitter to a card. It is thinner and dries way faster than stickles and embossing paste. I simply added a bit of the frost blue glitter paste to the blue leaves with my finger. Here is a close-up that shows the deep embossing and the sparkle a bit better:


I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and at Crafting with Friends.

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful texture Karen, and that glitter looks stunning. A gorgeous card
Blessings
Maxine

Glittered Paws said...

Stunning - love the embossing folder you used and the blue glitter really does stand out.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card and perfect design for Autumn.

debby4000 said...

Never heard of that technique, your card looks fabulous so I need to check out that link.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

EriEs said...

Perfect card - love the emboss effect - it looks great.

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting With Friends challenge blog.
Erika, DT