Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hearts and Dies Love Card


It is the time of year when we see hearts all over and "Have a Heart" is the theme this week at one of my favorite challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I used a hearts embossing folder from Darice and the Faux Textured Metal technique I learned about here to make this Love card. I masked off the sides of the front piece with temporary tape, then applied Pickled Raspberry and Fired Brick Distress Ink in the center. I brushed the colored rectangle with Iridescent Gold Pearlex Powder. Then I removed the mask and embossed the whole piece with the hearts embossing folder. I die cut Love from a die by Cherry Lynn. The Penny Black rose was die cut from two sided sticky paper and I colored it with ultra fine red and green glitter.

I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land (I used Penny Black and Cherry Lynn dies.)

6 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

That Penny Black Rose die is gorgeous and so is your Valentine's Day card! The heart embossed background is a great touch! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the sparkle on the die cuts Karen, and the embossing on the background is lovely
Blessings
Maxine

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card and I love that embossing folder you used. Glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge too.

Repolainen said...

Thank you for joining follow my blog.
What I saw: many fabulous ideas on here!
Especially Love your embossing backgrounds!

Verna Angerhofer said...

A gorgeous card Karen.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! It's so pretty and I love the embossed hearts.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx