Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Oh Happy Spring at Scrapy Land


I am very happy to participate this week as a Guest Designer at Scrapy Land which is one of my favorite challenge blogs. The theme of this challenge is: “Oh Happy Spring” and use at least one of the die brands Scrapy Land sells. Here is a list of the over 40 different brands Scrapy Land carries.

I think flowers are a sure sign of Spring, so I used several Memory Box floral dies on my card. The sparkly glittery party of this card was made with the Kiss Cut Technique. I applied a 3” x 5” piece of sticky two sided tape on a thick piece of white cardstock. I cut the Memory Box Joyful Bouquet die only through the sticky tape top part. This “Kiss Cut” is accomplished by using a thinner plate when die cutting on your favorite machine than you typically use. On the Big Shot, I used the transfer plate instead of one of the usual cutting plates. Then I used a Tonic Studios Tim Holtz pick to pick out the pieces of the flower I wanted to be pink, and dumped pink glitter in the flowers. I repeated with purple for the center flower, light green for the leaves centers and dark green for the rest of the flowers. Then I removed the rest of the sticky tape cover and sprinkled on white glitter. I rounded the edges and then embossed the piece with a Sue Wilson Beaded Fan Fare embossing folder. Here is a closer look at the sparkly glitter piece: 

I cut a green A2 card base and rounded the corners. I die cut Memory Box Floral Breeze and applied some purple gems through the flowers on the white center piece.

Why don’t you pull out your favorite dies and create a card for this challenge? The prize is a $15 Scrapy Land gift certificate and you know you can find something great you want there!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Craft Your Passion.

11 comments:

Samra said...

Beautiful and so very heartwarming!
Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Such a pretty Spring card Karen! I love when those first flowers of the Spring open up and your card really shows that image!

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card Karen and I love using the kiss cut technique. Your flowers look gorgeous.

Nancy Hill said...

I need to learn more abut the kiss cut technique. Your card is very gorgeous and the flowers are beautiful.

Cara said...

I hadn't heard of that technique, will have to investigate it further. Cara x

Patricia St Martin said...

Nicely done! Turned out wonderful. Sparkles real pretty and love the die.
Hugs Pat

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Karen!! I love the pretty flowers!! The sparkle is amazing!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

sarascloset said...

Karen, beautiful card, and I've learned something new here today with that Kiss Cut technique. Sounds intriguing and you have certainly mastered it here! Hugs!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card, love all the sparkles! Fab technique too! xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and congrats on the guest spot.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Karen - love the embossed glitter!
Blessings
Maxine