Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Love is Love is Love is Love


I have seen many requests lately for cards for same sex weddings and decided to try a couple myself. The Mr. and Mrs. die from Die-Versions is perfect because the words are separate so can be used for any type of couple. I created the female version above with a gorgeous cut and emboss folder called "Dress" by X-Cut. I applied some soft lilac color under the openings with my new Clarity Stencil Brushes. I re-attached the small butterflies that came out of the die with pearls on the card front and in the oval center with the white "Mrs. & Mrs." 


My masculine wedding card was created with another cut and emboss folder from X-Cut called Champagne. I cut and embossed it out of silver mirror card and attached it to a black A2 card base. I simply added silver die cut "Mr. & Mr." to complete the card front. Here is a peak at the inside of the card: 

I stamped a beautiful sentiment from Verses Rubberstamps and punched a star trio (older punch from Tonic Studios.) 

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land

8 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Fabulous! I've never seen same-sex wedding cards and these are awesome.

Tracey said...

Beautiful cards Karen, I love them both!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Lori Kobular said...

Both wedding cards are stunning! I love the embossing folders that you used on both of them. Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

kiwimeskreations said...

Amazing cards Karen - love both the embossing folders you have used, and how you have used them.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card designs.

Cara said...

Just beautiful. Cara x

Nancy Hill said...

Karen - just stunning cards and the Tonic Studio along with these gorgeous embossing folders really give your card that "WOW" factors. Always one of your fan, Nancy Hill, Design Team for Scrapy Land

Unknown said...

Karen you cards are amazing than you so much for sharing them♥