Friday, July 15, 2016

New Heat Wave Tips and New Dies


I just finished the last video on the new Heat Wave embossing class at Online Card Classes and used a couple of the tips from Day Three in this card. I just purchased the new Poppy Stamps Leafy Breeze die and decided to make a card with it featuring the summer green leaves. It will be gorgeous with fall colors too, but right now I am enjoying all the beautiful lush green in Central Wisconsin. We have had just enough rain and not too much heat this year and the greens are just lovely. 

I never thought of mixing my embossing powders in a separate container but it was one of the tips shared on Day Three of the class and I sure had fun trying it out. I die cut Tonic Studio's Thinking of You Miniature Moments die out of thick white cardstock and rubbed Versamark all over it. I mixed Nuvo's new purple, pink and glitter pearl embossing powders together and heat set that on the TOY die cut. I die cut a small maple leaf by Darice out of thick white cardstock and applied Versamark to it. I mixed a dark green embossing powder with Nuvo's Cool Jade and Glitter Gold embossing powders and heat set that mix on the leaf. Here is a close up look at these fun mixtures:



Another very helpful tip was when heat embossing a small die cut or piece of paper and it wants to blow all over and holding it down with a pokey or holding it with a clip makes marks in the embossing, try putting a temporary two sided tape to the end of a strip of cardstock. Put the piece you want to emboss on the sticky tape end and hold the other end with your fingers. You won't burn your fingers and the piece will hold in place while you heat set it. 

I recommend this and the other classes at Online Card Classes, so check them out if you have not already done so.

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pretty card Karen - that leaf die is a stunner, Thanks to for sharing your tips on embossing
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your leafy design. I have mixed EP powders before too and it is fun to see what results.

Camilla said...

lovely leaf card :)