Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Peaceful Heated and Dry Embossing Christmas Card


The challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Powder Power- or to use embossing powder on our projects we link to the challenge. I am sharing a Christmas card using my favorite new embossing powder technique that I learned about on this blog post. The background is made with aluminum foil over a thicker cardstock piece and the first step is to apply Staz-On ink direct to the aluminum foil. I used black and green Staz-on on this piece. Then I applied Versamark ink to the front or flatter side of a Richard Garay pine needles embossing folder and put the aluminum foil piece face down on the Versamarked side and embossed it. I dumped green, copper and gold embossing powders randomly and heated them with my heat gun. The last step is to sponge the edges and highlight the embossing with black archival or Staz-on ink. I love this look! I attached the completed double embossed piece to a green card base. The red ornament was created using a piece of Tonic red mirror card attached to a thick cardstock with two sided tape paper. I did not want the inside pieces of the Memory Box ornament to fall out when the die was cut. I attached the ornament hanging on a thin washi tape and completed the card with a beautiful "peace" wish from Ellen Hutson. I am teaching this card in my in home classes this month and then it will be sent in to Scrap and Stamp Arts for an article on this technique.

5 comments:

Barb said...

It turned out beautifully. A lovely card Karen. Barbxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Another beauty Karen - I am wanting to try this, but have so many cards that 'have' to be made that as yet IU have not had time.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful Christmas card.

Celeste Goff said...

Such a beautiful and classic looking card Karen!

Macarena said...

Great technique, I have never tried it out! The card looks very light and glossy! Thank you for joining us at SSS Monday Challenge Powder Power! Hugs, Macarena