Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Joyful Embossed Tonic Studios Z-Fold Christmas Card


It’s my turn to post a project on Blog Tonic USA and here and I am sharing a Z-fold card featuring three different ways to use Nuvo embossing powders on cards without any stamping. I started with a purple piece of cardstock cut to measure 5” by 11” and scored at 2 ¾” and 5 ½”. I also cut a pink piece 1” x 11” and scored it the same way, and a 4 ¾” x ¾” pink piece scored at the one inch line on both sides. After attaching the larger pink strip along the bottom of both sides of the z-fold card, I added the smaller pink strip inside for another decorative tab. I applied Nuvo Gold Enchantment Glitter Embossing Powder to ½” and ¼” strips of two sided tape and heat set them with my heat gun. When heated with a heat gun, the embossing powder on the glue strips becomes textured and sparkly. I applied the strips to the inside of the z-fold card and on the right side of the pink strip.

Here is a look at the z-fold card closed:


I die cut Tonic’s Rococo Decorated Candle out of 2 sided tape paper applied to a thin white cardstock piece. I created a mix of Nuvo embossing powders that included Ballerina Pink, Soft Lilac, Gold Enchantment and Shimmering Pearl.  I removed the tape from the diecut candle piece and dumped the pretty mixed embossing powders on the Decorated Candle. I put only the Gold Enchantment Glitter Embossing Powder on the flame, then heat set it all with my heat gun. Here is a close-up of the lovely mix of colors on the Decorated Candle:


A third way to use embossing powders is featured on the Rising Dove in the center of the card. I applied two sided tape paper on a very thick piece of white cardstock because I did not want the inside pieces of the dove’s wings and tail and the branch and eye to fall out. After die cutting the dove, I used my Tim Holtz Tonic pick to remove only the top tape on the wavy pieces in the wings and tail, then sprinkled on Ballerina Pink Embossing Powder. I next removed the top tape off the dove’s eye and peace branch and applied Serenity Blue Embossing Powder. Then I removed the rest of the top tape, sprinkled on Shimmering Pearl Glitter Embossing Powder and then heat set it all before attaching it to the center tab. Here is a close-up of the lovely Rising Dove:




I die cut the Peace rectangular center of the Mistletoe Wreath Frame and the “Joy to the World” Essentials word die out of a light purple cardstock and attached them to complete my Christmas wishes Z-Fold card.

If you love die cuts and crafty project inspiration and chances to win great Tonic Studios prizes, you will want to join the new Tonic Fanatics Facebook group!  Here is a link to the group or search Tonic Fanatics USA on Facebook and join up today!

Tonic Studios and Nuvo Products Used:  Rococo Decorated Candle and Rising Dove dies, Joy to the World Essentials and Mistletoe Wreath Frame dies, Nuvo Ballerina Pink, Serenity Blue, and Soft Lilac Embossing Powders, Nuvo Gold Enchantment and Shimmering Pearl Glitter Embossing Powders, Tonic Tim Holtz Pick, Tonic Tangerine Die Machine, Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer, Tonic Funky Glue Pen; Other: two sided sticky paper and strips, heat tool 

7 comments:

Craftychris said...

Wow! So many ways to use embossing powder and such a fantastic card! Thank you for all the instructions too. xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazingly detailed card, and loving all the uses of the embossing powder.
Blessings
Maxine

Christine said...

Inspirational post.
Awesome card and great tut. Thank you for sharing.

Christine said...

Inspirational post.
Awesome card and great tut. Thank you for sharing.

Celeste Goff said...

Great card Karen!

Celeste Goff said...

Great card Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful fancy fold Christmas card design.