Monday, November 7, 2016

Thanks with Wrinkled Double Embossing


I showed my in home class students some samples with the double embossing technique I fell in love with recently (scroll down for many more samples and links to original tutorials), and they loved it too. They asked that all the cards in October be made with this technique. In playing that day, one of my creative students suggested wrinkling the aluminum foil before applying the StazOn ink and I loved how her card turned out. I tried it myself and this is one of the cards I made. Here is a picture of the aluminum foil early in the creative process: 
I applied the black StazOn direct to paper on top of the wrinkles in the aluminum foil. Then I applied Versamark to the top side of a Thanks embossing folder from Darice and ran the sandwich through my machine. I dumped on purple, blue and gold embossing powders (one at a time) and melted them with my heat gun. The last step is to sponge on black archival or StazOn ink to tone down the silver edges and highlight the embossing. Then I simply attached the completed piece to a purple card base. The wrinkling of the aluminum foil does result in an uneven side to the card front, but I decided I like the grunge look.