Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Club Challenge Foil Card


Our challenge this month was to create a card with this sketch and to use scraps. I had been playing with my Gina K Foil-Mates and my Deco Foil so I had these pieces laying on my bed. Who doesn't love butterflies? I used my laminator and Therm-o-Web's Lapis Watercolor Foil on Gina K's beautiful butterfly Foil-Mate sheet for the bottom layer. Then I used the foil that was left and a toner sheet to get the negative image square in the center. I cut a butterfly off another scrap of the negative image and attached that to a gold mirror card strip on the side. I also foiled the Happy Birthday circle using another one of Gina K's Foil-Mates. Here is another view: 


It is so hard to photograph mirror card and shiny foil, but IRL it is really pretty. Some birthday girl who likes butterflies and sparkle- and who doesn't?-is going to love receiving this card.

5 comments:

Fikreta said...

Very nice!
hugs , Fiki
My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
≽ܫ≼

cheryl said...

This is really beautiful love cheryl xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Karen - this is amazing and must be all the more so IRL
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is gorgeous! I had no idea there was a butterfly foil mate sheet. I will have to check into that.

Julia Sandvoss said...

Love this! Beautiful card and you showed just how little waste there is when working with our Deco Foil! It's useable in so many ways!