Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Rose Mille Beautiful Butterfly Shaker Card


Do you believe in fate? I invited a friendly looking woman to sit next to me on a very crowded flight from the Minneapolis to Phoenix for the 2017 Creativation (CHA) in January and by the time we landed, we had become friends. Michelle is the owner of Rose Mille, an on line store that features upscale craft goodies such as glass glitter, gorgeous ribbon, flowers and imported embossed paper known as Dresden trims. Rose Mille had a booth at Creativation and I was able to see the beautiful vintage embellishments as well as their line of vintage wallpaper inspired designer papers and I knew I wanted to design with them. A few days ago, I received a box in the mail and this is the first card I designed with the goodies I received.

Shake, shake, shake...Here is a look at my shaker card all shook up. I chose three designer papers from the scrapbook paper line here on the website that are original designs by Michelle for my card. I stamped the "beautiful" sentiment from Fun Stampers Journey in the corner and attached the subtle grey and blue piece to a navy blue card base. I die cut a shaker frame out of navy blue and pink toned striped designer paper using Tonic Studio's Eastern Oyster Layering Die Set. After adding a layer of acetate, I dumped in some of the gorgeous Blush and Ocean glass glitter and sealed it with two layers of mounting tape and a piece of floral Rose Mille designer paper.

I love butterflies almost as much as gorgeous glitter. I chose a white Dresden trim butterfly like those shown here and colored it with Nuvo's Cornflower Blue Embellishment Mousse. The butterfly sparkles after I applied some of the Ocean and Blush glass glitter using Nuvo glue. I added some pretty 3D butterfly stickers I found here on the Rose Mille website to finish the card front. 

I finished the inside of the card with some more of the soft floral designer paper, a Tonic Studio's Eastern Oyster frame and one more 3D butterfly. I had fun designing this card and sharing Rose Mille, my new favorite source for vintage upscale trims and goodies for card making, scrapping or any crafty adventure you chose. 

Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!


4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card - love the papers and the fabulous glass glitter in the shaker.
Blessings
Maxine

Jane Luxem said...

Really pretty, Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your butterfly shaker card is gorgeous!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful butterfly shaker card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby