Monday, June 19, 2017

Karen Burniston New Pop up Dies Series - Day Eight


Today is the last day of my series of cards featuring Karen Burniston's new pop up dies. I have had so much fun designing these interactive cards, and a little birdie told me Karen is working on another release, so I am sure I will be playing and sharing cards with those as soon as I can. I made a spring card with the Tree Pop Up Die Set , but I can't share it with you yet as I am waiting to hear if it has been accepted in a recent design call at a national magazine. (Edited to add: Woo Hoo! Just heard from CardMaker and they have accepted my KB spring pop up tree card for the Spring 2018 Issue!!!) But I love fall cards too and designed this one to share with my classes in a couple months. I started with an A2 top folding card and die cut a leafy border (from Tutti's Designs) and a lovely pumpkin from Die Versions. I colored the leaf and stem on the pumpkin with Nuvo's green glitter marker and grounded the pumpkin with a wavy hill cut with the KB Nature's Edges die set. As always, the best part of these card is in the inside:


Here is another look that shows the simple pop up where the tree is attached:
I die cut the pop up apparatus in a piece of dark green with the Nature's Edges grass and hill dies on the top and bottom. I die cut a tree in brown and the larger foliage piece in gold. Then I die cut and added a bunch of orange, red and gold leaves for a lovely fall tree. I added a "warm thoughts" sentiment cut with a die from Quietfire Design and some birds cut with IO dies. 

Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A delightful card Karen - I am enjoying seeing these pop up cards
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a fantastic card. I love the inside pop up on it a lot as it is a pretty little scene.