Monday, March 21, 2011

Repeat Impresssions SOTW Celebrate Spring


It is Monday again and time to Celebrate Spring with Repeat Impression's Stamp of the Week. I am so anxious for spring, I admit and this card makes me smile with it spring palette of colors (great dp from Close to my Heart inspired the green and peach combo I used.) The Celebrate Spring stamp (3908-I) is available this week at RI for 50% off with a special discount code you can find only on the RI blog, The House that Stamps Built.

I used my nesties to create the lacey circle in peach and then covered the back of the lacey openings with green cardstock. It is a little time consuming to do this (cut each one from scalloped circle and attached individually) but I really like the look. The peach flowers were cut with Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers diecut and layered with a green flower and green bride's flowers for leaves. I stamped the sentiment on green dp and colored just the flowers, then layered it all on CB white piece and then on a green card.

I scheduled this post ahead of time as I am currently in Arizona enjoying the warmth and sunshine (I hope) with my sister and bro-in-law. Sure hope I come home and can indeed, Celebrate Spring!

Stamping smiles, Karen


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty! I love seeing how everyone does something a little different with the same stamp.

Whimsey said...

Super cute; really like the image/sentiment stamped on the green paper. Love the dry embossing too - one of my faves!!

joy said...

Wonderful layered flower! Pretty spring colors.

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card Karen!! I love the spring colors and layered flower!

Harriet Skelly said...

Karen your flower is gorgeous and the colors are so pretty!

Lynette said...

So pretty, Karen! Love it all, and the Swiss Dots background is perfect!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Pretty and definitely Spring-y! Hope you had a great trip!