Monday, June 6, 2011

Critter Sketch Get Krafty Challenge

Critter Sketch is challenging us to Get Krafty this week using our kraft paper in our cards. The sponsor this week is Stamp Fairy and this cute little spaceman is one of their digital stamps. I had fun this week with a new way to close and fold this card. I started with a piece of kraft paper cut 11" by 4 1/4" and scored the card from the top and bottom at the 2 3/4" lines and folded it to meet in the middle. I embossed the whole card with a Sizzix folder. I cut a scalloped frame using my oval scalloped and regular oval nesties and attached the top of the frame to the top half only of this card. Then I cut a black oval the same size as the inside of the orange frame and embossed that with the same embossing folder. This black oval gets attached to the bottom only half of the front so the orange frame goes around it and they close together. (See the picture below.)

I printed the spaceman on green cardstock and cut him out. I embossed him with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and attached him to the black oval. I added googly eyes and dots on the orange frame to complete the card.

So come play with us and your kraft paper at Critter Sketch this week. For all the details on the challenge, please visit the Critter Sketch blog.

I think boys would like this card, so I am entering this card in the Boys & Men challenge at The Stamp Man.
Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Love the shape & how you used the dies. The embossing looks great too!

Dragon said...

Woo that is a clever card and cute image... thanks for playing with the Stampman theme this time...
Frankie
xx