Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall Colors Anything Goes for Kids at SAS4Kids

It's time for a new challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and this week we are challenging you to use fall colors and make any kind of card for a child. Halloween cards are fine as long as they are not scary, but the cards don't even have to have fall or Halloween as a theme- just use your oranges, reds, yellows, greens etc. on the cards. We have two great sponsors this time: Bee Crafty is giving 3 digital stamps to the random winner, and Prairie Fairy is giving a $15 gift certificate to their lucky winner!

I had so much fun playing with our sponsor's images and of course, I had to make a card with each one! The card above is made with Prairie Fairy's Furever Friends digital stamp. Isn't he cute? I paperpieced his clothes, hat, boots and pooch and colored the rest with my copics. I layered the finished piece on gold and rounded the corners before attaching. I stamped the sentiment (TP Studios) and then dashed a border around the rest. I added a few punched leaves (ek success) to finish that card.


My second card features Ballooning Mouse from Bee Crafty- another really cute digital image for a child's card. I paperpieced him and his balloon. The card base is a 4 1/4" square and so when the sentiment pennant sticks out, it still fits in an A2 envelope. The sentiment is an old favorite from TAC and I added a balloon brad to complete this CAS card.

Please visit our blog to get all the details and to see the rest of TEAM SAS's fantastic fall colored cards. We have two guest dt members too for this challenge, who each made two awesome cards to inspire you. One of them is Shelley, our newest Canadian partner at SAS4Kids- check out this blogpost where we announced our expansion to Canada! We are growing and would love to have you enter our challenge, and/or send in your cards to Send a Smile 4 Kids, and now you have two addresses to choose from.

I am entering these cards in the Fall Colors challenge at Crafting for all Seasons and Anything Goes at Penny's Paper Crafty.

Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Linda said...

Adorable cards Karen! I love that little boy. He is so sweet in the adorable outfit you created for him.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love love love it!

Lisa said...

amazing job on both cards!! love the plaid shirt on the boy too!!

Danni said...

Super cute cards! I love the way you did the clothes on the first card, perfect!!

Carly said...

Oh they are both so cute! What wonderful fun images!
Thankyou so much for sharing both of these with us at Crafting For All Seasons.
xoxoxxo Carly

Jan said...

Fab card, thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I just love your paper piercing, both came out so adorable :)