Friday, January 27, 2012

Celebrate the Occasion and Digi Stamps 4 Joy Challenges


At Celebrate the Occasion the challenge is Masculine Birthday and at Digi Stamps 4 Joy the theme is "For the Boys". I really had fun designing this card and I love how it turned out. I started with an old page from a book and a brass stencil of a buck from Lynell Harlow. I embossed the buck onto the book page using my No More Shims thick pad, and while the stencil was still on the page, I sponged Rusty Hinge Distress ink on the buck. I also distressed the sides of the paper piece with a lighter distress ink. The kraft card was cut to be 3 1/2" wide when folded, so the card fits into an A2 envelope, and I embossed it with a CB folder. I cut the brown strip and added some baker's twine around it. The sentiment on the tag is an old one from TAC and I hung it from the baker's twine with a small green pin.

I am off for a weekend of smiles and fun visiting my grandson and daughter. Will be back Monday with more ideas to share. It is so fun being a Grandma:)

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Linda said...

Karen this is really wonderful! I love how it turned out!

jimlynn said...

This is just a perfect masculine card! Love the way you did the stencil deer. Fabulous!
Lynn

Adrian said...

U did a great job! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

ScrappyRae10 said...

OOOOOO the is great! Thanks for playing along with CTO!!!

girlia said...

Beautiful job. Thanks for playing with us at CTO

Chris said...

Hi Karen, this is a fine card for a male. Usually it's very difficult to find a really nice male oriented card and you have done a lovely job. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Is said...

Hi Karen, nice card! so manly, sometimes it's difficult to make cards for man but this turned out great!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment.
Greetings from Spain

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Hi Karen, I just love how the distressed buck came out on your old book page and the fab LO! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our Masculine Birthday Challenge :)

Esther said...

Love the stamped image on the book page!
Perfect masculine card.
Thanks for playing at CTO!

Caz said...

Gorgous creation...Thanx for joining us at Digistamps4joy, and good luck..

Caz xx Digistamps4joy DT

Anonymous said...

great card. love it
Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website: www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

Ellis said...

Fantastic card Karen! =)
Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4joy!
Hugs, Elenor DT