Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What if? Wed. Challenge and Happy Anniversary to ME!

It's time for another fun sketch challenge at The House that Stamps Built and we are challenging you to make a card using the sketch below and link it up for a chance at some great Repeat Impressions rubber! I used one of my favorite Repeat Impressions stamps, Belle the adorable teddy bear as the focal point on my card. I paper pieced her dress, jacket and hat before putting her in the center of circles cut and embossed with my nesties. The strips in the background are from some Valentine paper I got at Target for $1. I attached the strips on white and embossed the whole piece with my favorite Cuttlebug embossing folder, Swiss Dots.

Today is a special day here on my blog. One year ago today I posted my first card as a member of the Rock Stars, the design team at Repeat Impressions. I am soooo grateful to Wendy at Repeat Impressions for giving me this opportunity. It was my first and best design team experience and I have had so much fun this year since starting this journey. Since joining this awesome team, I have been blessed with other design team opportunities and am loving those experiences too. But it started here at The House that Stamps Built and I am very grateful for this opportunity and all the fun this year has been.

And, Repeat Impressions is looking for a new Rock Star, so you could see what I mean when I say it is the best design team around. Here is what Wendy said on the blog:

" don’t forget we have a position available on our design team! So… are you addicted to stamping? Love to make cards as often as possible? Have a blog to show off all your wonderful creations? Do you enjoy a challenge and play well with others? You could be a Rock Star in the making! Please drop me a note at wendy@repeatimpressions.com if you would like more information."

I am entering this card in the CAS challenge at Paper Sundaes,

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ivonne said...

Happy anniversary Karen! Gorgeous card!!

Lynette said...

Great card, Karen! Has it been a year already - oh my! Happy Anniversary, and it's great to be on the team with you.

joy said...

What a sweet image you have paper pieced! Wonderful card. Happy Anniversary!