Saturday, March 17, 2012

Send a Smile 4 Kids Things with Wings Challenge

 
 
It's time for a new challenge today at SAS4Kids and our theme is Things with Wings (for kids). We are also thrilled to be joining up with Flutter by Wednesday Challenge Blog this week as they do a Card Drive for SAS4Kids! We are so grateful to Danni and her team for helping to spread the word about Send a Smile 4 Kids and encouraging their challenge participants to send in their cards to cheer a child who is inpatient in one of the seven children's hospitals we are now servicing.

We have two generous sponsors this week who have shared their images with our design team to use and are offering great prizes you can win in our random drawings. Stamping Dragon Designs will award their winner 4 digis of his or her choice, and Karen's Doodles is offering their winner 3 digi images.

For my first card, I used a darling digi from Stamping Dragon Designs called Rupert Plays Rock. Isn't he sweet? I started with a white piece of cardstock and added stars in many colors cut out with my nesties. That piece was then embossed with a SU embossing folder and layered onto a green card. Rupert was printed on patterned paper and cut out. I paper pieced his guitar and raised him up when attaching to the card. The sentiment is from CTMH.

My second card features a sweet chick from Karen's Doodles. I printed her on white cardstock and sponged, colored and paper pieced before cutting out with nesties and layering on a scalloped circle. I used small ovals from Nestabilities to created the "eggs" and added a gem on each. This card idea was originally done here and  I appreciate the inspiration. 

I am entering these cards in the challenges at Whimsy Inspirations for embossing and at Crafty Sentiments for Things with Wings.

And finally, I just had to share these to put a smile on your face today (Thanks Diane!)



Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen 


3 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Karen, Both of these cards are just precious. I especially love the Chick with the eggs. both of your cards will certainly put smiles on the faces of ail yesterday because I am new to this site/challenge and will be in need of the artwork for the card backs so that I can forward some cards for your wonderful cause. enjoy your weekend.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love your texture with your adorable paper pierced dragon and your baby chick card is so sweet with the vibrant colors :)

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous Karen especially the dragon well done I love it hugs Elaine