Monday, July 2, 2012

Stamp of the Week and Happy 4th of July!



The stamp of the week this week at Repeat Impressions is this 4th of July perfect “Here’s to you America” stamp, and it is available this week only for 50% off with the discount code found at Repeat Impressions blog. What a deal! Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the other Rock Star's cards using this stamp.

For my card, I was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest. I used my lacey edge border punch from Martha Stewart to create the red and white stripes of the flag on a white base. I stamped the Liberty and Justice stamp in white on navy blue for that part of the flag. And I stamped the perfect sentiment in navy blue on the top of the flag. The whole flag piece was layered on a navy blue card. 

I scheduled this post early and have taken a few days off from blogging because my grandson is visiting for his first time alone at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We have movies and ice cream and lots of fun planned and I am sure I will be exhausted but happy while he is here.

Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

Stamping smiles, Karen

9 comments:

Lynette said...

Great card, Karen - perfect for the sentiment! Hope you're enjoying your "grandma" duties!! Like you said, exhausting but awesome!

Linda said...

Karen this is wonderful. I love the way you did the strips. So clever
Enjoy your visit with your grandson. Happy 4th!

Kecia said...

Wow!!! I love the flag you have created Karen. This is a wonderful patriotic card!

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

OOh hun
this is beautiful
i love the borders and stamp, its fab
If u go over to my mates blog, she has a red white and blue challenge on till tommorow for the 4th july, this would be perfect, just say Kenzie sent you and u could win a unity stamp set hun, Heres the link hunny

http://jessicascraftshaque.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/crafty-project-challenge-earn-entries.html

Awesome creation,
Huge Hugz
Kenzie xx

joy said...

What a creative way to use the border punch! - I'm trying this! Have fun with your gandson!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic red, white, and blue card! Love it.
Lynn

ednamburgess said...

Very nice. And not to hard. Great for the week of July 1st. Edna

Stef H said...

hey karen! how nice to see you. i drop by every now and then tho i don't comment. i look at your gorgeous creations! this one is no exception... it's stunning. i love the scallops.

stay well and thanks for stopping by.

hugs :)

Vicky Briggs said...

Karen, what a neet idea for the flag!
Have a happy 4th!