Monday, September 24, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Snowman from WTSHTF!


When the Scrap Hits the Fun has a new CD available called Mr. and Mrs. Snowman Collection and it is amazing! You get a bunch of really cute snowmen (and snow-ladies:), many fun sentiments and some awesome digital papers. I loved the green snowflake paper the best of the choices of digi paper and that is way outside my usual comfort zone. Snow can't be green, right? Just look at the background on this card- love it, right?! This card was an experiment after seeing something similar on Pinterest. The front piece has an opening in the center that shows the snowflake dp on the inside as well. The Hot Cocoa Snowman was simply printed and layered on a blue piece and attached on the right side only. It is held down but a sweet sentiment ticket that is attached with a pop dot.


I couldn't wait to use this fun Snow digi from  the set and so I designed two cards right away. The red swirly paper is another digital paper from the set. I started with a kraft card with rounded edges and layered another layer of kraft and distressed all the layers with brown distress ink. I was thinking of paper piecing the letters and may still make a card that way, but the blue "Snow" is colored so perfectly I decided to go the easy route and print one of the pre-colored versions. I added some mini punched snowflakes to complete the card.

I am entering these cards in the challenges at Crafty Mess Challenge (distressed or aged) and  Ladybug Crafts (anything goes.)

Stamping smiles, Karen

4 comments:

Linda said...

very cute
hugs Linda

jimlynn said...

Both are so cute and yes, I DO love snowmen! Precious cards!
Lynn

NanaConnie said...

Both of these are great. I love using snowmen for both Christmas and just winter season cards. My daughter has been collecting snow-people for several years for her Christmas decorating and I've sewn several for her. Usually, her Christmas card from Mom has some kind of snowman.

Beccalite said...

Very Cute, aren't snowmen lovely :-)

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at Craftymess.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx