Saturday, December 1, 2012

Winter Fun 4 Kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids!


It’s time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and this time our theme is Winter Fun 4 Kids. Your cards can be holiday cards or any winter themed cards. We have three very generous sponsors this week: The Cutting Café is giving their winner 3 digis or cutting files of their choice! And Crackerbox Palace is giving their randomly picked winner a $15 Gift Certificate! Cuddly Buddly’s winner will receive a 5 pound Gift Certificate!  TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge. Please visit the blog to see all the great cards shared by the TEAM S.A.S. design team. 

My first card above features a darling sliding snowman from Crackerbox Palace. I created a snowglobe shape for my card, did a little paper piecing and sponging, and added some snowflakes and a couple perfect sentiments also from Crackerbox Palace.


My second card features a mitten shape from a cutting file by The Cutting Cafe'. I love to make fun shaped cards and The Cutting Cafe's files make them so easy to do. I embossed the mitten shape and added a snowflake shape and a sentiment to complete the CAS card.


My last winter fun card for my kids is an easel card created with a darling freebie from Cuddly Buddly. I printed it twice and cut out and raised the twin skating bears with pop dots. The card is folded and stands up with a row of raised snowflakes punched out with my Martha Stewart snowflake border punch. 

I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty for "more than one fold."

Stamping smiles for my kids, Karen 


4 comments:

Lin said...

Such fun cards, Karen - thanks so much for sharing them with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

NanaConnie said...

All three cards are adorable, and that snowman image is so much fun! I know the kids are going to love them. :-D

Shilpi Gupta said...

Lovely cards...Thanks for joining at Pennys.
Hugs,
Shilpi

Caz said...

This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Pennys, and good luck.

Caz xx PPC DT