Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fun with Washi Tape for Challenges


The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week for their 100th challenge is Tic Tac Toe, and I chose text, black and white and punches and/or dies. I cut an oval with my Spellbinders oval die and created a  background with a variety of grey washi tapes. I stamped and cut out the sentiment, then embossed the whole black background with an embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I cut out the flowers twice with a Memory Box die and placed them inside the oval to complete the CAS card.


Here is another CAS Thinking of You card featuring washi tape. This one will be entered in the Embossing and Texture challenge at Stamping Sensations. It is full of texture, as I was playing with embossing, punching and stamping on washi tape. This floral embossing folder is also a new one from Cuttlebug. I embossed the first layer of peach cardstock, then embossed the center strip with a line of washi tape in the same center area of the embossing folder. I attached that strip raising it with pop dots so that the floral pattern matched. I attached the same striped washi tape to some cardstock pieces and punched out the butterfly and the sentiment window. I added some pearls to complete the card.

Stamping smiles, Karen

4 comments:

pinky said...

Beautiful cards Karen! Perfect for our challenge this month. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Jingle said...

Very pretty! I love the greyscale card! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at CAS-ual Fridays!

brenda said...

Two super CAS style cards Karen.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Karen Schroeder said...

Love the cards!