Friday, November 22, 2013

Chalkboard Christmas Card


When I saw one of the new sets of stamps from Papertrey Ink I just had to buy it because it is perfect for the chalkboard technique. Course I forgot that I had also purchased a set from Inspired by Stamping for the same reason:) Good thing I really like that technique and will make several cards with both sets:) This is my first. The chalkboard technique is easy and fun- start with a piece of black cardstock, emboss the primary stamps with white embossing powder and stamp the others with white pigment ink. Draw lines with white pencil if desired and smudge the black "chalkboard" with white pigment ink. The "cheer" stamp on the right is from Papertrey Ink, the "joy to the world" stamp in the middle is from Inspired by Stamping and the gorgeous tree and Merry Christmas are by Penny Black. I am debating- should I have left off the gems I decorated the tree with? I thought it needed some, but now am not sure. Can't take them off though, so this one is decorated.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty and Fab 'n' Funky.

Stamping smiles, Karen

3 comments:

Margy said...

I think the gems look wonderful, Karen - they make the card festive, much prettier than just the chalkboard itself. I like sparkles for Christmas!

Karen Schroeder said...

Great chalkboard card...I love it!

Laurian said...

Love the chalkboard!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian