Thursday, April 10, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Best Friend

It is my BFF's birthday on Saturday but I am not able to blog that day and I gave her her card yesterday, so I am sharing it with everyone today here on my blog today. I masked the front square piece with a beautiful dragonfly stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and then painted on Rose Metallic 3D Stamp Paint from Viva. This was my first card using this new product, but I will be playing with it more as soon as I have the time. I love the sparkly dimension it gives to a card. The perfect sentiment for my best bud is from Simon Says Stamp. There was more fun when she opened the card:

I continued the dragonfly theme with dragonflies and swirls I cut out with my Silhouette that pop up when she opened the card. I also added some pearls that I recently pulled off my 24 year old wedding bouquet before I finally tossed it. The dragonfly flourishes are attached with strips of acetate to a scored center in the square card. I attached one more dragonfly flourish to the bottom and added another perfect sentiment for my friend.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Through the Craft Room Door and Fan-Tastic Tuesday.

5 comments:

cass said...

Wonderful card, love the design and colours, thanks for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this week

Mrs A. said...

I love the sparkly background and the dragon fly stencil. I have just bought the Mini Butterfly Ballet Template which arrived yesterday so I will be playing with that shortly. Hugs Mrs a.

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous make hun and thank you for sharing with us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday - I also have blog candy on my blog if you fancy a peek http://judithsadorablecreations.blogspot.co.uk/
hugs xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another fantastic and beautiful card design. I bet it really sparkles in person. And, love how you had pop ups inside too.

Anne Fenton said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining TTCRD this week.