Thursday, August 7, 2014

Cover of the August Issue of Die Cut Crazy!

I have had hundreds of cards published and many full length articles too, but I never made the cover until this  newest issue of Die Cut Crazy, so I am very excited! I am doing a monthly column called Never Too Early to Make our Christmas Cards and this is the card I shared along with a review of the Spellbinders Tool in One. Have you tried that yet? I love the Zig Zag die from Memory Box, but I used to have to poke out all the holes by hand in the paper and clean the ones out of the die too. With the Spellbinders Tool in One, you can simply roll the bristles over the paper or the die on a mat and they fall right out! I die cut kraft paper twice with the Zig Zag die and stamped the sentiment from Paper Trey Ink in the center. The poinsettia was cut with a Marianne Creatables die and colored with 3D Stamp Paint from Viva to make it sparkly. I added some greens punched with a Martha Stewart punch.

Check out the new issue of Die Cut Crazy if you have an iPhone or iPad. We are having a birthday blog hop next Friday (the 15th) and I am told the PDF version should be ready by then for those of us without an iPad or iPhone. And there will be prizes and lots of great birthday card inspiration!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Through the Craft Room Door and Paper Take Weekly.

5 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is awesome! Congratulations! Your card is gorgeous! I will look for the tool as well - sounds like it will come in very handy!

Brenda said...

A big huge Congrats to you Karen!! That is so awesome!! I love your card and I had wondered about how well that tool worked. Nice to know that you like it and recommend it. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Congratulations! Beautiful card too!

Lynne said...

Congratulations and your card is lovely. Don't have an iphone or ipad but do have a Samsung Android tablet. Can you pull it up there?

Deonna B said...

Congrats Karen! What a beautiful Christmas Card with some gorgeous die-cuts. thank you for sharing your work with TTCRD this week.