Saturday, September 27, 2014

Black Bister Card - Another Favorite!


When I ordered my first batch of Bister powders from I Brake for Stamps here I decided not to order black. Then I saw a card my friend Verna made using black (check out the gallery at the link above for many of Verna's gorgeous Bister cards), and decided I had to have black. This is the first card I made with just black and I love it! Another friend said it looked like a thunderstorm. I cut a circle mask and bleached out the moon- doesn't that look cool? Then I added a die cut pine tree (Tim Holtz for Sizzix), some bird silhouettes from Impression Obsession, and the Thinking of You is by Penny Black. I attached the bister piece to a kraft card and added a couple pearls to dot the i's.

If this is your first visit to my blog and you are wondering what the heck Bister powders are, scroll down the blog for more cards using Bisters. Basically they are a water soluble powder (very inexpensive!) you sprinkle on thick card stock or water color paper, then spritz with water and amazing colors appear. The link above has a video that shows how to use them and a gallery of card samples. I am obsessed with the different looks you get each time you try it, and all the possibilities for card design. Stay tuned to my blog- more cards to come:)

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp and Inky Impressions.

5 comments:

Lin said...

This was my first time seeing these powders being used, and they look like lots of fun! Love your card - thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Maria said...

Another wonderful background! You achieve great results with the powders! Great die-cuts, too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! That is a perfect night sky and don't you love how the bleach works to make a perfectly colored moon. I need to get back to my Bisters soon. They are so fun to work with!

Kim Heggins said...

What a beautiful scene you have created on a card...stunning.

Unknown said...

So effective. Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us this week at Inky Impressions.
Cheers Nicole