Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sharing a Happy Class Card

I took an Online Card Class last week called Stretch Your Dies and one of my favorite cards from the class was by Laura Bassen. The deadline for entering our cards in the galleries is coming soon, and I wanted to try her overlapping shading ideas using curved border dies. I pulled out a curved border die from Pretty Pink Posh and created a mask with a piece of acetate. I masked off the edges of a white card front with temporary tape. Then I sponged on a series of pastel dye inks overlapping the colors. I am not sure I like the combo of orange and green at the bottom and I did get an extra line of purple, so if I try this again, I will try to correct those imperfections. I am loving a new set of stamps and matching dies I just got from My Creative Time. I die cut the Happy twice in white and glued on following the curved lines with part of the die off the colored section. I stamped the rest of the sentiment to complete the CAS happy card.

5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and I love the lovely spring colors on it.

Brenda said...

I too took these classes and just love them all! I love how you card turned out and I love, love My Creative Time stamps and dies. I'm so addicted to all Emma's products. lol Hugs, Brenda

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that technique Karen!! I also like your colour choice :-) The fact that you took all the words out of the centre panel is a fabulous detail.
Blessings
Maxine

designbydonna said...

Very pretty card. I am going to give this look a try.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love your background.