Thursday, April 30, 2015

Bister, Brusho, Color Burst Comparison


I love getting packages in the mail with new dies and stamps and this week I received this fun sentiment die from Cheery Lynn Designs and the shatter glass background stamp from Local King Rubber Stamps. I saw a card made with this stamp at this wonderful blog and knew immediately I must order the stamp. I have been wanting to do a BBCB comparison and decided to make backgrounds with the shatter glass stamp and each of the colored crystals. To start, I heat embossed the shatter background on three pieces of watercolor paper with white embossing powder. The first card above was made with my favorite colors of Brusho Colour Crytals which are turquoise and ostwald blue. I love the ostwald blue because it has purple and blue together. There are 24 colors of Brushos so the variety is awesome. I also like the ease and control of tapping the colors onto your paper or whatever you are working on though the hole you punch in the lid. Brushos are available in the U.S. at Dick Blick.


My second card features the same fun die and the shatter glass background heat embossed. I sprinkled black Bister powders and spritzed with water. I discovered Bisters first and am glad I did. There are eight colors of Bister powders and their black is the best of the three color crystal choices, so I decided to make this card black, white and red. There is a brown undertone to Bisters when spritzed and the result is unique every time you make a card with them. They are the least expensive of the three options and available for sale in the U.S. at I Brake for Stamps here. 


My last card was made with a double layer of the "live, laugh, love" die from Cheery Lynn, the white embossed background and a rainbow selection of Color Burst color crystals. There are 6 colors of Color Burst currently available, but we are hoping for more colors to be released soon. They are made by Ken Oliver in the United States and available at local stamp shops and various places on line. They are very bright and easy to use and like the other two, when spritzed with water burst with color (thus the name.) If you are local and coming to the Saynor stamp show this weekend, you might be able to get Color Burst at the Crackerbox Palace booth.

***Edited to add: Color Burst is now available on line at Crackerbox Palace.com and they are currently on sale! Check it out here: http://crackerboxrubberstamps.com/product-category/accessories

I like them all. I hope I gave enough information so you can check them out and decide for yourself which one (or ones) will be right for you. One thing I can tell you for sure- they are all fun and easy to work with to create great backgrounds and beautiful cards!

I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenges at Cheery Lynn Designs and Simon Says Stamp.

10 comments:

I Brake For Stamps said...

Karen, this is a great interpretation of all three. Not to be biased, but I like the bister card the most. All three are wonderful though.

ionabunny said...

Hi Karen, love your cards. Makes me wish I had added this fun sentiment die to my CLD order that is winging it's way to me. Ah well. Thanks for the colour comparisons. I have brusho's and should really sit down and have a good play. Love that shattered glass stamp. I think I like the third card best. Such cool colours. Thanks for sharing. Hugz

shulsart said...

What fabulous backgrounds you have created for your word die. Just wonderful! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! these are awesome, I luv the backgrounds....great job! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wow - those cards are amazing!!! So much energy!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Karen, and thanks for the comparisons.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those are some really beautiful bursts of beauty. Great job on these.

Juliz Design Post said...

Your colour burst backgrounds are fabulous and suit the word die perfectly. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Craftychris said...

These are awesome! Such cool backgrounds for the fab die xxx

Donna said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Tammy!