Sunday, June 14, 2015

Friends Shaker Card


The challenge theme this week at my favorite challenge (Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge) is Friends or Super Hero, and so I am sharing this fun friends shaker card I made recently with outline stickers and some new dies. I found a set of outline stickers from Krazy Kreations that included drink glasses and accessories and I paired them with an "oh so true" sentiment from So Suzy Stamps. I applied the fancy drink sticker to a white piece, cut out the inside shape with a craft knife and sponged a little pink color on the piece. I attached acetate behind the opening, created a "well" with two layers of mounting tape and dumped in some sequins for the shaker element. I attached the orange slice and drink umbrella to two sided sticky paper, added fine white glitter and colored with bright Copics. I die cut and attached a wine glass full of wine (from My Creative Time) and my card for a friend and therapist is done.

In addition to the challenge at Simon Says Stamp, I am entering this in the Anything Goes challenge at Simply Papercraft.

7 comments:

Christine said...

Love the idea of making a shaker out of the sticker. I always like new ideas for shakers.

AJ Bodine said...

Oh this is just super great..I love that drink shaker and the sentiment..perfect!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Karen - love the pink sequins in the shaker element - they are the perfect colour.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great design and a fun shaker card for a friend.

Jacee said...

Fabulous shaker Karen, love the sentiment too
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Haha, too funny! I love that yo umade this a shaker card. Thanks for joining us at Simply Papercraft, see you soon!
Jennifer, DT

Mandy said...

I absolutely love your card Karen! Your sequin shaker glass looks wonderful and the sentiment is brilliant.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx