Sunday, September 27, 2015

Holiday Bows Merry Christmas Card


I am trying so hard to resist buying more stamps or dies because I have so many I have not even used yet. But when I saw this new Christmas bows stamp/die set from The Ton and the Merry Christmas die from Die-Versions, I knew there was no resisting- they just had to come and live here in my craft room with me:) The bows are two step stamps and they are so realistic looking you swear they are two dimensional. I used my MISTI to line them up and made a red, blue and green bow in the different sizes. I cut two negative bow shapes out of a white piece with the matching bow dies from The Ton, attached a gold washi tape strip, and then embossed with a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder. I popped that piece up with pop dots and put the red and blue bows on the cardbase showing through the die cut bow shapes. I die cut Die-Version's Merry Christmas, attached it and added a popped up small green bow to complete the cheery Christmas card.

I am entering this card in the No DP challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and the "Lots of Texture or Layers" challenge at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long. 

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! Those bows do look so realistic!

kiwimeskreations said...

You had me fooled with those stamps - I really thought the bows were 3-D. Lovely card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card. So bright and cheery. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp No Designer Paper Challenge.
Gayatri