Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Friendship Butterflies Card with Colour Cloud Blending Ink


I have been playing with a brilliant new product I learned about at Let's Create in Wisconsin Rapids. It is called Colour Cloud Blending Ink by Cosmic Shimmer and it is the easiest way to sponge and blend colors I have ever seen. There is a special sponge applicator called Smoothies by Creative Expressions that you blend the ink on with. Here is a link to a great video that introduces both the products so you can see why I am so excited about these new products.  I chose a  butterfly stencil by Memory Box and Plum Cobbler and Summer Sky colors of the blending ink. It was so easy to create this lovely background. Then I stamped a sweet friendship saying from Simon Says Stamp and added a pink vellum butterfly (die also by Memory Box.)
I am entering this card in the NBUS challenge at djkardkreations,com because the Colour Cloud Blending Ink is totally Never Before Used Schtuff:)

I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Amusing and Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

10 comments:

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous! Lovely ink blending and fab vellum butterfly! xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card Karen - the blending looks wonderful and the die cut butterfly is the perfect accent
Blessings
Maxine

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Karen that background looks amazing a superb make, thank you for joining our challenge at LPOCF
hugs
lorraine x

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty and on my way to check out the blending background.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous. Absolutely magnificent design.

Barb said...

Your card really lovely Karen and the background is so pretty. I do often use the smoothies but have never used the colour clouds before. Thanks for sharing the link.

Thank you for your visit to mine Karen and your kind comment. I am now your new follower too. Barbx

Helen F. said...

Hey Karen, I love your beautiful butterfly card. This is a great color combo and pretty design. Thank you for stopping by my Blog and leaving such a sweet comment.

Sue said...

Beautiful card, so pretty and delicate! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment x

Darnell said...

Your card is beautiful, Karen, and the background is very pretty and smooth! I must admit, you hooked me in, so off I went to see the video. Oh, my goodness, what a big set of blending jars that is and what fabulous little spongies! I then went to Amazon and they are over $5 a pot, with over $8 in shipping! A bit too rich for me right now, even if I could find them for less, what with the dozen or so products for coloring and blending I already have bursting the seams of the Playhouse, but they sure look great. You'll have to keep us posted on how long the ink lasts in the pots. Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! I see you are visiting everyone and following my example for making new friends. Enjoy keeping up with all of them and leaving love in the future. Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Just lovely. Thanks for joining out challenge at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again soon.
Lynn, LPoCF DT