Tuesday, June 14, 2016

#PRAY FOR PULSE - How can we help?

I found a video, a blog post and a Facebook group today which helped me feel a little better after the senseless tragedy in Florida this weekend. Here is a link to the blog post  on a way we card makers can help the families of the victims. In the blog post on Dana Joy's blog is a link to the Facebook page and a video she made. I am sending a bunch of cards with envelopes and stamps and thought perhaps you were wondering what you could do, so I am sharing. I called the local blood bank, but they said there has not been a nationwide call for blood to be sent. I am giving blood anyway-maybe help a baby or someone local who needs help. But I am primarily a card maker, so am happy to use my talents and passion to help in a small way. Here is a card I made recently with Tonic Studios dies and new colors of Nuvo Embellishment Mousse that will be in the bunch I send: 



4 comments:

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Beautiful card hun xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

I lovely card Karen - love the soft colours on the doily cut. I used to give blood, but cannot now, thanks to asthma :-(. It's is hard to comprehend the scale and horror of the tragedy in Orlando.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and so nice of you to remember them in this way. They are certainly in my prayers. So senseless that this keeps happening.

sendasmile4kids said...

Thanks for sharing this Karen. I too will be sending in cards and am thankful that I can help in this effort. Your card is lovely.