Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Tonic Studios Kensington Purse and Display Box


I have a goal of posting a new card or project every day on my blog unless visiting family or on vacation. But lately, I have just been unable to meet that goal. I just have had no extra time to play and make extra cards to keep blogging that frequently. I am busy cutting for classes, designing and blogging for design teams and writing articles for Scrap and Stamp Arts. All fun stuff- but hopefully soon I will have time to play with all my NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) and share with you here. 

And I just got back from visiting my two favorite grandsons and their parents. Take a look at my sweeties:

I am a huge fan of Tonic Studio's Kensington Purse Die Set and loved the presentation box out of acetate I learned how to make on this video. Carolyn Shellard from the UK makes and sells hundreds of these purses in their special boxes and I was so inspired to try one myself that I ordered the acetate in the weight and size she suggests. I will admit- I found it hard to even get one to fit together and stay together- but I also have not had time to really perfect the technique. I made this purse and decorated the top and bottom of the box with a lovely dp from Ken Oliver. The bow on the top of the box is also a Tonic Studios die and the chain "For You" is from Impression Obsession. Here is a look at the other side of the purse in and out of the presentation box:




The little bow is a die from Sue Wilson. I added some pretty blue gems to complete the project.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning project Karen - love the finished article! Your grandsons look very precious to you!!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love your finished project. I just received by Kensingon die set and love it! Were you able to find written instructions for the presentation box? I watched the video and have not been able to find acetate sheets that large. Additionally I don't have the recommended weight for the acetate. Any help you can provide would be so appreciated.

Regards,
Tarah

Karen Hasheck said...

Tarah - I will try to answer you and hope you check back. I don't know how else to reach you. There were some written instructions on the UK Tonicaholics Facebook page which you could join and then find. I am no longer a member there as I started an USA Tonic Fanatics Facebook page - come join us:) I found the written instructions much too hard to understand. I found the correct 11 x 17 size acetate and strength at GBC Skyline but you do have to order 100 sheets. Reasonable though- $45 with shipping. I shared with a bunch of friends and students.