Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Another Thanksgiving Blessing!


Guess who is turning one on Thanksgiving? I've shared some pictures of my darling grandson Evan here during this last year, but here a couple recent pictures so you can see how much he has grown:

All dressed up for the chilly weather and at his first Cubs game with Daddy. I wasn't able to see him this week, so I sent a special card I made. We celebrated earlier with him and the whole family, and will see them soon for Christmas.

I die cut a couple sweet elephants with a die from Tonic Studios and added a die cut balloon (Avery Elle) with the birthday number from Tonic. The real fun happens when the card is opened: 



I have seen many versions of this four panel pop up card on Pinterest and blogs and I have tried a few. The easiest way I have found so far to achieve this four fold pop-up is to use the Karen Burniston Twist Circle Pop-Up die (from Elizabeth Craft Designs) as was shown in this video. I die cut Evan's name with dies from Tonic Studios and added a Happy Birthday wish cut out with a Memory Box die. Here is a couple more looks to see how the pop up element opens: 





3 comments:

KimCreate said...

oh, he's precious! Adorable pics. Happy birthday to Evan.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a handsome wee man Karen, and a gorgeous card
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute birthday card for a sweet little fella! He is so cute too!