Friday, December 16, 2016

Double Embossed Love Card


The other members of our monthly stamp club liked the double embossed cards we shared with them so much, they asked for two versions of it for the January shoebox projects. I am doing the aluminum foil version I have shared so much of here this year. I made several cards and this is not the one I chose for my shoebox, but is similar. I streaked the aluminum foil with red, orange and black Staz-on, then applied Versamark ink to the flatter side of a Darice hearts embossing folder. After running the piece through my embossing machine, I dumped on red, pink and gold embossing powders and melted them on the aluminum foil. The last step in the technique is to sponge on black archival ink to tone down the edges and highlight the embossing. I attached the completed piece to a pink A2 card and added a heart ribbon die cut with a Die-Namites die and "Love" die cut with a Dee's Distinctively die.  Here is a close up of the "double embossing": 



I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land.

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Karen - the ribbon die cuts are perfect over the double embossed background
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Pretty card and I love the heart ribbon die.