Monday, December 19, 2016

Oh No Santa- I can never have enough!


With tons of snow and wind chills 20-35 below zero today, I thought I would share some winter crafts and a funny poem I found:


Twas the night before Christmas, I'm glued to the tree.
I'm wondering what Santa brought just for me.
Could it be cardstock or inkpads or lace?
Or some dies, I said, with a smile on my face.
And that's when I heard him......
"Hi Santa, “I said
He replied, "You know....good girls should be in their beds".
"I know I should Santa, and now I've been caught.
But I was just so excited to see what you brought."
"Well, let's take a look in this room where you work".
He shook his head quickly, and left with a jerk.
I heard him exclaim as he put it in gear.
"You've got enough crap,
I'll see you next year!"


As you can see from the first picture, there was no sunlight in central Wisconsin and we have a ton of snow. I made some wine bottle and folded book crafts, but they are very hard to photograph at their height and with no sun. Here are individual pictures:





I watch Tonic Live out of the UK all the time and recently they shared a video on how to make an easy Christmas tree using an old book. Here is a link to the video if you want to try it. I sponged the edges after I folded all the pages and then added Christmas decorations using Tonic's Mini Wreath Decorations and some red cord. The wine bottles were created after watching a short video on Facebook. It showed how to soak and clean them, then spray with silver spray paint and decorate. I used snowflake dies from Lawn Fawn and my favorite Christmas words from W plus 9. Here is another picture of the Winter Wonderland in my back yard:




7 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

HAHAHAHA - oh that poem cracked me right up! Love the elegant holiday decor you created!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh yes - I could hear that response if Santa ever saw my room.... love your decorations Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Gerrina said...

It really looks like winter at your place...here it is could and sunny.... Merry Christmas! Hugs, Gerrina

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE the snowy pictures (we never get - or, very rarely & very very little - any in my part of the UK). I LOVE the decorations too, but, most of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Santa poem, as that is what he would say if he saw my craft space too! Have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year! Hazel xx

ednamburgess said...

Hi Karen, Loved your poem and it certainly applies to me. My husband thought so too. But I have many friends it works for too. Toooo cute.
Like all of your cards and craft ideas. Merry Christmas. Edna

Krisha said...

I do BELIEVE Santa would tell me the very same thing...LOL!

I remember making those trees out of Readers Digest when I was a kid........now THAT really dates me! I love seeing them again! Even the bottle decorations, I had fun, with my GDs, making some last year.

Thanks for sharing and reminding me of simpler days. Merry Christmas!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Lots of snow here too. Those are some cute snowy projects you displayed and I love the poem. LOL